Hill Country Automobile Club, Inc.
Dec 8, 2013
Meeting Minutes – Minutes December 8 2013 PDF
1) The meeting/Christmas Party was called to order at Rails Restaurant by co-President Herb Gerken at 4:15 PM. We were led in prayer by Judge Barton. A special talk was given by co-President David Staggs about the passing of club member Bill Berry and the feelings David was experiencing by his loss. We are all in mourning and will never forget “our Bill.”
2) A total of 37 members and three guests were present. We were pleased to have Joanna Gerken, Herb and Mary Lyn’s Granddaughter; Beverly Shaw, Missy Berry’s Mother; and Mark Kluting, Robert Kluting’s brother with us. Herb also introduced two new members – Pat and Dave Olsen. They came as guests of the Reyers and decided to join. Welcome to the club, Pat and Dave.
3) Birthdays: Barbara Walker and Renee Reyer have birthdays this month. Norma Jean and Jerry Lane celebrated their 55th anniversary on Dec 7, 2013.
4) Treasurer’s Report: Ed Jackson announced the present checking account balance is $1288.00 and the balance for the savings account is $9619.08
5) Old Business: Herb and David thanked the outgoing club officers for their service to the club for the last two years..
6) New Business: The incoming officers are Robert Kluting, President; Charles Sinklier, Vice President; Judith Sinklier, Secretary; Ed Jackson, Treasurer; Charles Sinklier, Web Master; Barbara Walker, Historian. All officers were present, introduced and installed in their offices.
7) 50-50 Drawing: Elaine Jackson won the drawing of $62.50.
8) Next Meeting: Will be January 12, 2014. The location will be announced via email.
9) Motion to Adjourn: The motion was made and seconded to adjourn the meeting at 6:15 PM.
Jan Platts, HCAC Secretary