This 2016 Camaro is VivaChas interpretation of the New Green Colour offered by Chevrolet the 6th Generation of the iconic Chevy Camaro in this series from Chas! This is part Six in the Series of Chevy Camaro Generations! If you’re a Fan You Should Have an Art Print of this Bewdy! There are lots of VivaChas products featuring this image – You’ll be glad you got yours so buy it now! ~;0) VivaChas Automotive Art!
The 6th Generation Camaro from Chevrolet was worth the wait! That 2016 Camaro is the culmination of the automaker’s art! – – – “Like its predecessor, the sixth-gen Chevrolet Camaro is available in coupe and convertible. Compared to the previous generation, it is 2.3 in (58 mm) shorter, 0.8 in (20 mm) less wide and 1.1 in (28 mm) shorter in height. With similar equipment and engine, it is also more than 200 lb (91 kg) lighter.” – And lighter means faster and better handling! ~;0) – – –
Here’s Those Engine Specs You Love!
“The sixth-gen Chevrolet Camaro is initially available with three engines driving the rear wheels:
- The 2.0 L LTG Ecotec turbocharged Inline-4 produces 275 bhp (205 kW; 279 PS) @ 5,600 rpm! And it makes 295 lb·ft (400 N·m) of torque @ 3,000 rpm. It’s the first 4-cylinder in a Camaro since the 3rd generation. It is available on 1LT and 2LT trims, it trails the sixth-generation Ford Mustang’s Ecoboost 4-cylinder by 35 bhp (26 kW; 35 PS).
- The 3.6 L LGX V6 generates 335 bhp (250 kW; 340 PS) @ 6,800 rpm and 284 lb·ft (385 N·m) of torque @ 5,300 rpm. It is 12 bhp (8.9 kW; 12 PS) greater than the previous generation’s V6. And it’s 35 bhp (26 kW; 35 PS) more than the sixth-gen Mustang’s V6.
- The 6.2 L LT1 V8 is shared with the Chevrolet Corvette and produces 455 bhp (339 kW; 461 PS) @ 6,000 rpm! And it makes 455 lb·ft (617 N·m) of torque @ 4,400 rpm. It is 29 bhp (22 kW; 29 PS) greater than the previous generation’s standard V8 on 1SS and 2SS models.
- The 6.2 L LT4 V8 will be featured on the ZL1 models. Output is 650 bhp (480 kW; 660 PS) and 650 lb·ft (880 N·m) of torque.
All engines are available with 6-speed manual and 8-speed automatic transmissions! – Well – except for the ZL1 models which use a 10-speed automatic in addition to the manual.” WoooHoot!! That’s some pretty heady stuff when it comes to stats! ~;0) Stat Source: Wiki 6th Gen Stats!
2016 Camaro Commercial!
The 2016 Camaro is Hot – Hot – Hot!!! – – – “The All-New Chevrolet Camaro can go from 0-100mph-0 in 313m. So we came to the Skydive Dubai Runway to put it to the test. The results, well they speak for themselves.” Video Source: Carzone
While Your Blood’s Still Racing – Let’s See Another!
This Fiftieth Anniversary Commercial for Camaro gives us a taste of all the generations of Camaro! Video Source: Chevrolet
How’s This 2016 Camaro or is it a 2017?
2016 Camaro is the 6th Generation Camaro from Chevrolet and it was well worth the hiatus between Gen-4 and Gen 5/6! That 2016/17 Camaro is the culmination of the automaker’s art! You should have this print on your walls and the T-Shirt on your bod! Buy it now before I change me mind and price it higher! – Haa! ~;0) VivaChas Automotive Art
More Beloved Specs!
The sixth-generation Chevrolet Camaro is a pony car that sometimes chased the original Pony! And at times the Pony Chased the Camaro! – – – “Chevy first revealed the Gen-6 to the public on May 16, 2015. Sales started in 2015 for the 2016 model year. The sixth-gen Camaro now utilizes the GM Alpha platform shared with the Cadillac ATS and CTS. It features MacPherson struts in front, rather than the former Multi-link setup. General Motors claims that 70 percent of architectural components in the new Camaro are unique to the car!” – How Cool is That!! ~;0)
And then there’s 2017’s Camaro! – – – “A ZL1 trim level with a supercharged 6.2 L V8 for your plate! It features a lower grill opening for improved cooling! Got a new front splitter and a carbon hood insert that removes hot air from the engine compartment. It also features wider front fenders for improved handling. And it sports unique rockers and Magnetic Ride suspension. Transmission choices are a rev matching six-speed manual or a new 10-speed automatic!” – Who could ask for anything more? – Haa!
2017 Chevrolet Camaro SS 1LE Hot Lap!
Pro driver Randy Pobst hot laps the 2017 Chevrolet Camaro SS 1LE around Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca for Motor Trend’s 2016 Best Driver’s Car Powered by Mothers. Video Source: Motor Trend Channel
2017 Camaro ZL1 highlights include:
Source: GM Authority
- Power and acceleration:
- Supercharged 6.2L V8 LT4 Small Block engine with tailored intake and exhaust systems making 640 horsepower (477 kW) and 640 pound-feet of torque (868 Nm)
- Two transmission choices:
- Standard six-speed manual with active rev matching
- Available paddle-shift 10-speed automatic with 7.39 overall ratio for smaller steps between gears, enabling the LT4 engine to remain at optimal rpm levels during acceleration
- Ride and handling:
- Lightweight, stiffer structure of the all-new sixth-generation Camaro known as the Alpha platform
- Updated Magnetic Ride suspension
- Performance Traction Management
- Electronic limited-slip differential
- Custom Launch Control and Driver Mode Selector
- 200 pounds lighter than its predecessor while offering roughly 60 more horsepower and 80 more pound-feet of torque, thereby delivering a more favorable power-to-weight ratio
- Unique 20-inch forged aluminum wheels with 285/30ZR20 front and 305/30ZR20 rear tires
- Goodyear Eagle F1 Supercar tires with a compound and construction developed exclusively for the Camaro to offer exception grip on the track
- Brembo brakes with six-piston monobloc front calipers — featuring the ZL1 logo — and massive 15.35-inch (390 mm) two-piece front rotors
- Two body styles:
- Two-door hardtop coupe
- Two-door soft-top convertible
2017 Chevy Camaro ZL1 Spied in the Wild
2017 Chevy Camaro ZL1 Spied in the Wild: 640 HP & 640 lb-ft of Tire-Shredding Torque! Video Source: TFLnow
2017 Chevy Camaro ZL1: Everything You Ever Wanted to Know
Check out the 640-hp supercharged 2017 Camaro ZL1 with its chief engineer! Video Source: The Fast Lane Car
Just One Thing More! ~;0)
Yeah there’s just one thing more. – How can you get your hands on the Latest and Greatest Sixth Generation Camaro? – First you’ve got to decide is you can get one. I mean – If you think you can never own one – You’re Right! I think it was Henry Ford who said, “Whether you think you can do a thing or can’t do a thing – You’re Right!”
Got That? If you believe that you can own one of those rides and you set achievable goals to fulfill that Dream – You Can Do It! Put your goals on a bulletin board at home! Include pictures of that Goal! Keep a log of what you’re doing to attain that goal! – You may need a better job! – To get a better job you may need some training! – Get that Training – you may need to go to school! – To get more education you may need to work out a scholarship! – Or apprentice to a trade or profession that makes the kind of money that affords this kind of Ride! – – Get the picture?
Most Important! – Never Give Up – Don’t Quit! The only way you can fail is if you stop moving forward. Learn what it takes and do it!
Next Time at VivaChas!
Well that’s the Generations of Camaro Finished! – Next A New Series of Rides Begins! – What’s it Gonna Be? – We’re still tallying the votes! Come back next week and see what’s next! If you subscribe to the VivaChas Newsletter you’ll know when a New Story’s been posted! Subscribe with the form at the bottom of most pages. Or Subscribe with the form up top in the Sidebar on the right! – Either way we won’t sell or rent or give away your email address. It’s just for you and me! It’s how you get the Newsletter delivered. – That Simple! ~;0) VivaChas Automotive Art and Stories!